We specialize in:
Marital and Family Therapy
Personal Problem Solving
Important Guidelines we follow:
"The greatest need of the human heart is to be understood..."
"The job of a good therapist is to work themselves out of a job."
"A good psychologist doesn't tell people how to live...he asks how a
person wants to live and then helps them get there"
Quotes from DR JAMES DAVENPORT, Administrative
Director - LICENSED CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST and LICENSED MARRIAGE &
The Psychology Center, Inc.,
"Where people come first!"sm
(office hours and clinical staff available 7 days a week but by appointment only)
8am to 9pm SEVEN days a week - including Sundays! (for the convenience of
especially busy people or families)
Click here to schedule an appointment or to pose a
question - or you can access the 'Contact Us' link above.
Spanish speaking and African-American therapists also available
We are a "Marriage Friendly" office
Map to our Western Ave location.
Our Price List (PDF) is available [press 'Back'
button to return here]
Can YOU benefit from a Consultation at "The Psychology Center, Inc"sm?
Are you currently dealing with:
- Dissatisfaction with a relationship?
- Not currently functioning as well as you usually do?
- Dissatisfaction or stress at work?
- Experiencing sadness or loneliness for too long?
- Facing a decision to marry or divorce?
- Struggling with addictive habits or feel your life is out of control?
- Life goals not clear or not being met?
- Changes in yourself or a family member that you don't know how to
- Dealing with a loss or an unexpected emotional setback?
Each of the above problems (or any situation similar to these) is a
good reason why many people decide to schedule an appointment with a
qualified clinical psychologist like Dr Davenport or allow him to refer you to another member of his
THE MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE
are the most important people to visit our offices, whether in person or by
telephone or online.
Our clients are not dependent on us. We are dependent on them.
Our clients are not an interruption of our work. They are the purpose of it. We
are not doing our clients a favor by serving them – they are doing us a favor by
giving us an opportunity to be of service to them.
Our clients are not someone for us to have an argument with. Nobody ever really
wins an argument with their client.
Our clients are not cold statistics – names on file cards or ledger
sheets. They are flesh and blood human beings with feelings, needs,
vulnerabilities, and emotions like our own.
Our clients are the people who refer their friends, neighbors, co-workers, and
family members to our office if we earn their confidence and trust in us.
Our clients are people who bring us their wants and needs. It is our job to
fill those wants and needs with our professional expertise and with efficiency
– and with profit to both them and ourselves, so that our service may continue.
Dr James Davenport, PSY.D., Administrative Director - for general information
and for a recommendation of a staff person who may be available to work with you
- General Office Telephone (24 hours)
- Confidential FAX
- Our Clinical Office is located at:
- The Psychology Center, Inc
- 10343 S Western Ave, Chicago, IL 60643-2410
- (near 103rd Street)
- free parking
- Mailing address (correspondence only)
- The Psychology Center, Inc
- 10713 W Doric Circle, Palos Hills, IL 60465-2220
- Electronic mail (emails are welcome)
- General Information: